Welsh Quilts with Attitude

I've signed up for the Contemporary Group Challenge 2014 (part of The Quilters Guild of the British Isles)
It's one 8" Quilt a month for the year and there has to be a line, vertical/diagonal from one edge to another.

Far far below, is my January Challenge Quilt 2014.

I began with some scraps of fabric from Welsh Costumes




 Here is a picture of my daughter Sarah
wearing her Welsh Costume  
This was about 30 years ago!
But
Every March 1st (St. David's Day)
you will see lots of little girls going to school in their Welsh Costumes.
St. David is the Patron Saint of Wales - which is home for me.
  
I got a new Needle Felting Machine for Christmas
and
Keen to try it out
I needlefelted the fabrics onto a black felt background.
 I layered up wadding and a red flannel backing. 
 Hand Quilted in white red and black thread.

And finished by turning the backing over onto the front for the binding.
I'm thrilled with the result.
And
I'm full of inspiration to continue this challenge on a Welsh Theme.
Paisley next me thinks!

Comments

  1. That looks like a fun to make quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun - I'm loving my new needlefelting machine - so simple to make things

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Pairs of Jeans and a Gigging Shirt

Happy St. Davids Day - Needlefelt Style

Crochet Hexegons