Headless Sheep

I've been working on this months - April's - Contemporary Quilt Group's Challenge
with The Quilters Guild of the British Isles.

I began by making some headless sheep
using water soluble plastic and freemotion stitching.

Being a bit scared of getting their heads wrong
I decided to make their heads later out of felt


Then I machine embellished wool roving onto a felt background
and added some wool to create the path and wall.
I hand stitched and felted yellow flowers,
Some grasses
Swirly clouds and mountain trees
Backed with a lovely grey wool fabric
which I turned over to the front of the work as a self binding.
Finally, I used a variegated thread to create a quilting stitch along the binding. 

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the felt and wool 
I'm going to explore these further.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Pairs of Jeans and a Gigging Shirt

Happy St. Davids Day - Needlefelt Style

Crochet Hexegons