Late July...

Oh dear....I've been so good all year getting my Contemporary Challenge quilt finished each month on time.
But for some reason July took me two months. I've just finished it this morning.


Not sure why this was, because since finishing July this morning - I've almost completed August!!!
The above picture is a 'cropped' section of the 8" Quilt.
The fabric itself is a piece of Deborah O'hare's hand painted fabric. 

As you can see, I'm continuing exploring the possibilities from this picture..
  Which also inspired my June piece of work.
Who'd have thought I'd get so much work out of such a simple scene. 

 I marked out the 8" square and started hand stitching from the bottom up. 
  Using different colours and either one or two strands of embroidery thread.
I decided to just put some highlight stitching onto the sky.
Added seven birds in flight (odd numbers are always good)
And I'm done.  And how do I feel about this piece - it's OK'ish.....But I'm now champing at the bit ready to  August finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Pairs of Jeans and a Gigging Shirt

Crochet Hexegons

Happy St. Davids Day - Needlefelt Style